Pages

Monday 24 May 2010

Leftovers Galore ...

Somehow during the course of buying groceries in the last 2 weeks, it seems I have collected a variety of ingredients which are highly perishable. Not sure if it is due to the humidity, but the produce stays fresher in the fridge here than in Canada. My family usually helps me get rid of all the food, but this time guess it's all up to me!




In Britain they love their bacon, it is also different than the bacon in North America. They use slabs of back bacon here, which is a bit thicker and a fuller cut. I chose the double smoked apple wood bacon, it tastes great in a burger by the way. The local cheese here is also a bit different, it is more pungent and flavourful. In the pic, you will see two different kind of cheeses; the lighter one is called White Cheshire and the creamier one is called Vintage Country Farmhouse Cheddar.





Unsure of what to do with all this food and not wanting to over think, I decided what better way than to wrap it all up!

It was a bit difficult to render a picture with all its content nicely tucked inside, so I used a glass to prop it up. Think it did the trick!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your cooking, can't wait for you to get back!!

    ReplyDelete