Pages

Saturday 6 November 2010

Few days in Paris ...

It has been a while since I had time to upload any pix onto the blog, but time flies before you know it. Enjoy!

These are Paris pix taken in early September when the weather was actually still warm! This is view in front of my hotel room. The architecture is widely different than North America, it feels like your in a different world in itself.



It was the weekend when I got to Paris and unbeknown to me all the stores close on Sundays. Luckily the Louvre was open and of course, one of the spots I wanted to visit. It wasn't the sunniest of days, but at least we didn’t have to wait in line for long.


Once inside, it took forever to look at all the exhibits. Therefore, we opted to leave 4 hours after and viewing only 2/3rds of the place. This picture was taken in the central courtyard of the Louvre. The gentleman beside the pyramids allows you to gauge the proportions. 


The next day, I went for stroll down the Seine River. It was lovely and definitely different than looking at Lake Ontario.

After a nice dinner at Laduree on Champs-Elysees, I made my way to Arc de Triomphe. Unfortunately it was closed by then but was still able to take a pic across the street.

On the way home, I had to stop off at the Tour Eiffel since time was of the essence and didn't have time to visit again. People told me it looks better at night and I actually am inclined to agree.


There are many small  nooks & crannies in Paris, it gives you the feeling of a bicycle riding small town feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment