Pages

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Inspiration ...

After watching Master Chef (The UK equivalent of Top Chef) I had an inkling to try something new. Since I've also found some decent priced dishes, I thought it would be worth while to try a new new recipe.  This is actually my first time handling a whole fish, usually it comes to me cut and cleaned.

This is a fresh sea bream bought at the local market. Did not want to make a mess of the kitchen so I got it descaled from the fish monger.


Technically I did not need to gut the fish, but it was good practise. Apparently the key is not to break any of the organs which will affect the taste of the fish if it did.


It took more time than it should, but it worked out well in the end. All that was left was head & bones. I threw the bones away but what I really wanted to do is deep fry the thing and eat it!



Not bad if I say so myself, the cut could be cleaner though. Simply add salt & pepper right before pan frying.


This is the finished product, surprisingly it took no time to cook the fish. I even had time to warm the plate in the oven.


Pan Seared Sea Bream in Truffle Oil
Accompanied by Butternut Squash & Broccoli Frites
On top of Roasted Potatoes & Mushroom Madeira Sauce
With a sprinkling of toasted Pine Nuts

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait till you come home for the holidays...I really miss your cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete